Roper Toxicology Consulting Vision and Mission Statement
It is the goal of Roper Toxicology Consulting Limited to have companies use new approach testing methods (NAMs) as the default procedures in regulatory toxicology and discovery within 5 years (2027). Roper Toxicology Consulting Limited believes that the quality, robustness and predictivity of the NAMs that we help you to create with our partners will translate into the safer, more efficacious drugs and chemicals, with superior value for money and in a shorter time resulting in improved patient, operator, and consumer safety via a greater level of human relevance than animal testing.
Hi, my name is Clive
I am a consultant in vitro toxicologist. My expertise and knowledge is very different to other toxicologists or even other in vitro toxicologists. I create and develop your strategic business and scientific needs with you and our partners. Importantly, I follow up this up with tactical planning for the use and application of new approach methodologies. My considerations are based on human relevant toxicology principle and the 3Rs.
My customers have different needs, knowledge and experience. I treat every customer, small or large as a unique individual, getting to know you and helping you find solutions.
My specialty disciplines are (in vitro) dermal absorption and dermal toxicology, inhalation toxicology and microphysiological systems (MPS).
I consult for small companies with new and innovative technologies (both research models and/or CRO services). I aim to connect you with potential partners whilst retaining their confidentiality.
I consult for biotech and multinational corporations with products to register. I can find you all the technologies in a given area, whether or not I am consulting for them, and work with you to evaluate them or evaluate them alone against our agreed criteria. I can also work with them to design studies and act as project manager or study monitor.
I work across all industry sectors; pharma, crop protection, chemical, consumer and cosmetic.
I am a founding member, and member of the Board of Directors of the North American 3Rs Collaborative as well as one of the Board of Members of the UK NC3Rs. I am a European Registered Toxicologist (ERT), a charted Fellow of the Royal Society of Biology and a member of ASCCT, ACTC and ESTIV.
I look forward to working with you.
Director | Non-Animal Toxicology Strategy | 3Rs | Leadership | In Vitro Toxicology | Research & Regulatory Advice | Bonkers about Bicycles
Clive Roper BSc PhD CBiol CSci ERT FRSB
Director, Roper Toxicology Consulting Limited
OVERVIEW OF SERVICES
SPECIALTY IN VITRO TOXICOLOGY SERVICES
• Development of New Approach Methodologies (NAM) or non-animal model testing strategies
• Expertise in in vitro skin absorption, in vitro respiratory toxicology, 3D models and microphysiological techniques
• Finding CRO or other partners
• Project management
• Enhancing your brand and portfolio of services
• Evaluation and improving your new or existing technologies
• Connecting professionals• Ask me and we can discuss your needs
PROFESSIONALLY, I AM MOST PROUD OF
• Developing the NAM for respiratory toxicology, representing this to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Special Advisory Panel, receiving a personal invitation to attend the EPA NAM conferences and being acknowledged as an EPA stakeholder for their animal free 2035 plans
• This NAM has been accepted by the OECD as a Case Study
• Being a founding and member of the Board of Directors of the North American 3Rs Collaborative (NA3RsC) and one of the Board of Members of the UK NC3Rs developing North American and UK 3Rs strategy
• 4 of my peer review papers are quoted in OECD test guidelines (OECD 428 and OECD 492)
• Starting and enjoying running my own Consultancy business
PERSONALLY, THE THINGS THAT MATTER TO ME MOST ARE
• sharing my daughter’s and wife’s life journey experiences
• getting out on my bicycles in the Pentland Hills with my friends
• travelling for business and leisure travel, we particularly love the US with so many food choices and having fun in the theme parks
I have loved Star Wars since I was a child right through to enjoying Mandalorian with my daughters right now. I am currently exploring being an expert witness for scientific patent infringement. I have really enjoyed 25 years with my amazing friends and colleagues at Charles River and I am excited by the new freedoms of running my own business.